Season 2 of Fortnite Chapter 2 is now live on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, and mobile devices. Along with the host of new skins, changes, and other content the big Season 2 update has introduced to the game, the first set of Season 2 challenges is now live, and this time things are a little different.
To tie into Season 2’s spy theme, weekly missions will revolve around Fortnite’s new agents–the character skins you can unlock via the Season 2 Battle Pass. If you complete enough of these challenges, you’ll eventually unlock a special “final mission.” You’ll be able to choose between Ghost or Shadow versions of this mission, which will then unlock a corresponding new style for that character skin. However, your choice will be permanent, so you’ll need to think carefully about which style you want.
The first set of weekly challenges is called Brutus’s Briefing. If you’re a Fortnite veteran, you’ll see the usual assortment of tasks among the list; one asks you to search seven chests at specific locations, while another challenges you to throw three different shield or healing items. There are a couple of spy-themed missions among the bunch, however, such as one that asks you to disguise yourself in a Phone Booth in three different matches. You can see all the Brutus’s Briefing challenges available so far below and consult our guides for some trickier ones that ask you to land at Lockie’s Lighthouse, Apres Ski, and Mount Kay and track down phone booths.
Season 2 of Fortnite Chapter 2 has been a long time coming. The season was originally slated to begin last December, before Epic extended Season 1 into February. The reason for this delay was so that the developer could roll out more content and events for the game, which ended up including an exclusive preview of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker and a Birds of Prey crossover event.
In the lead up to Season 2, Epic had dropped a series of cryptic hints teasing what was in store for the battle royale game. These included a globe-spanning ARG, which saw digital ads appear in the US, Brazil, Russia, and other countries. The ads featured a phone number that would disseminate messages about agent recruitment and missions, suggesting the new season would have some kind of spy theme.
There’s a ton of new content in Fortnite. You can catch up on everything new in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 here. You can also find our maps and guides for this season’s trickier challenges in our ongoing Fortnite Season 2 challenges roundup, which we’ll continue to update as the season progresses.
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 Patch Notes Are MIA, But Fans Create Unofficial List
- Deadpool Skin Is Fortnite's Season 2 Secret Unlock
- Fortnite Season 2 Battle Pass Skins And Rewards
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 Is All About Spies, Hideouts, And Deadpool
Fortnite Season 2 Week 1 Challenges List
Brutus’s Briefing Challenges
- Search Chests at The Grotto or The Shark (7)
- Deal damage to Henchmen (2,000)
- Open doors locked by an ID Scanner in different matches (3)
- Search Ammo Boxes in a single match (7)
- Disguise yourself inside a Phone Booth in different matches (3)
- Be crouched within 20m of unaware Henchmen for a total of 10 seconds
- Throw different shield items or healing items (3)
- Eliminate players while having a total of 100 health and shield or more (5)
- Land at Lockie’s Lighthouse, Apres Ski, and Mount Kay (3)
- Damage players using 2 different weapons within 10 seconds (1)
Source: Read Full Article