Biomutant gives you a wide variety of weapons to experiment with. Whether you’re looking to deal damage from a distance or get up close and personal, you’ll find hundreds of weapons that fit your playstyle.
When you first start Biomutant, you’ll have access to five different types of Ranged Weapons. A few more will be unlocked as you progress through the story, but the following categories are mainstays for the entirety of the game. From rifles, dual-wield guns, and shotguns, here’s what you need to know about Ranged Weapons in Biomutant.
Simply titled “Guns,” this category is a bit of a catch-all for anything that doesn’t fit into anything below. Guns are typically one-handed weapons – such as pistols – although you’ll find a staggering variety of weapons in this category.
Wung Fu upgrades for Guns let you quickly move about the battlefield while dealing damage, and one even lets you follow up a melee attack with a quick burst of gunfire.
- Feather’s Flight: This ability lets you equip and use any type of Gun.
- Flipped Phoenix: Jump and shoot in the direction of input.
- Sliding Snake: Slide and shoot in the direction of input. An excellent way to avoid damage without letting up your assault.
- Crane Dance: Dodge, perform a melee attack, then fire your weapon. This will result in a barrage of bullets swarming your target. Fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
- Praying Mantis: Double-jump then fire your weapon to unleash a burst of gunfire. Hitting an enemy fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
Dual Wield Guns
Arguably one of the most fun weapon-types in Biomutant, Dual Wield Guns are essentially the same category as Guns – expect you’ve now slotted one into your off-hand as well as your main hand. You’ll first need to unlock the Two-Faced Cobra Grip to use two weapons at once, but then you’ll gain access to these two additional skills:
- Ethereal Horse: Dodge, perform a melee attack, then fire your weapon. This will cause you to throw both your guns at the targeted enemy and fill one Super Wung Fu icon.
- Beetle Stone: Double-jump and fire your weapon to send a barrage of bullets out of both weapons.
Rifles tend to fire a bit slower than most other weapons on this list, although they balance things out with added firepower. If you’re looking to deal damage at a distance – and a lot of it – there’s not a better choice than a rifle.
- Hawk’s Harrow: Allows you to use Rifles.
- Bullet Crows: Gives you the ability to jump and shoot while airborne.
- Seeker Zonkey: Slide and shoot in the direction of input.
- Cursed Beaver: Dodge, melee attack, then fire your weapon. Your attack chain will end with two shots that deal extra damage. Fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
- Unstoppable Duck: Double-jump and fire your weapon to unleash a barrage of bullets down at your target. Fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
What’s not to love about Automatic Rifles? Capable of the fasting firing rates in Biomutant, this class of weapons is ideal for taking down massive groups of enemies. Each bullet doesn’t deal much damage, but with massive clips and blistering firing rates, your target will be down before you know it.
- Thousand Needles: Allows you to use Automatic Rifles.
- Cloud Tongue: Let’s you jump and shoot while airborne.
- Buttermilk Knee: Slide and shoot in the direction of input.
- Boom Dove: Dodge, melee, and fire your weapon to send out a full-auto burst of bullets. Fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
- Maniac Mule: Double-jump and fire your weapon to perform a “full auto shooting flip.” Fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
Shotguns are an excellent firearm for a melee-based build. Capable of incredible damage but lacking the range of other guns, shotguns are best for players who don’t mind getting up close to their foes.
- Thundertouch: Allows you to use Shotguns.
- Goose Flip: Lets you jump and shoot while airborne.
- Shinytoed Toad: Slide and shoot in the direction of input.
- Deadly Owl: Dodge, melee, and fire your weapon to send out two powerful shotgun blasts. Fill up one Super Wung Fu icon.
- Angry Panda: Double-jump and fire your weapon to perform a mid-air shotgun backflip. Fills up one Super Wung Fu icon.
Unlockable Weapon Classes
Throughout your journey, you’ll discover plenty of other unique item classes – including the Myriad Boomerang. These work in much the same way as the above classes, although you’ll typically get some form of special ability as well. Keep working through the main quest and you’re bound to stumble upon a few secret weapons.
Source: Read Full Article