During its PAX East 2020 panel, Gearbox announced Borderlands 3’s next campaign-focused DLC. On March 26, Borderlands 3 will take a Lovecraftian turn in Guns, Love, and Tentacles (beginning the game’s season-long series of Spring 2020 updates). The DLC will be followed by two more major expansions in 2020–one in the summer and another later in the year.
“One of the key pillars of [Guns, Love, and Tentacles] was to put the love back into Lovecraft,” Gearbox art director Jonathan Rancourt said in an interview with GameSpot. “We’re going for a strong contrast between those [Lovecraftian] landscapes and the story of a love worth telling. You’re going to be in a frozen wasteland where there are high mountain peaks that convey a sense of horror in some ways. But the story is lighter and it’s about Hammerlock and Wainwright sharing their wedding. There’s always trouble when you’re going through your wedding and, this time around, it’s even crazier.”
Sir Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs won’t be the only familiar faces you’ll be running into during Guns, Love, and Tentacles–Borderlands 2’s first DLC character, Gaige, is finally coming back. Much like Lilith, Mordecai, Zer0, and the rest of the Vault Hunters from previous games, Gaige returns as a companion NPC, not a playable character.
“Gaige is one of the fan favorites and it was super important for us to stay true to the character and to make her a really big [part of] the DLC,” Rancourt said. “So players will follow Gaige throughout the [DLC’s] campaign and interact with her. We also wanted to bring back Gaige because she’s really close to Hammerlock in some ways. It really made sense in this story to have her there.”
Between these major expansions, Gearbox will continue to implement smaller updates for Borderlands 3, like the Mayhem 2.0 patch in March. “The main goal from the design team is that they wanted to make sure everything in Mayhem 2.0 was just fun,” Gearbox public relations manager Austin Malcolm said.
The new Mayhem Mode will continue to provide a post-campaign challenge for players, but will further lean into the wacky nature of Borderlands 3. You could get a modifier like “Big Head,” for example, which makes everyone’s heads noticeably larger–increasing the overall size of the headshot hitbox for both your enemies and your own Vault Hunter.
Pax East 2020
- The Games Of PAX East 2020 — Animal Crossing, Streets Of Rage 4, And Doom Eternal
- We Saw Two Hours Of Baldur's Gate 3, And It Was A Lot
- 20 Minutes Of Animal Crossing: New Horizons Co-op Gameplay (Off-Screen)
- Borderlands 3 New Lovecraft-Themed DLC Sees The Return Of BL2's Gaige
- Watch Baldur’s Gate 3 First-Ever Gameplay Here
- How Larian Studios Hopes To Transcend Baldur's Gate 3's Legacy
- The Mayor Of Boston Is Urging Sony To Return To PAX East
- Every Secret From The Baldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic
- PAX East And Other PAX Events Will Go Forward Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- Square Enix Scales Back Final Fantasy 14 PAX East Plans Over Coronavirus
Source: Read Full Article