Demon’s Souls was perhaps the surprise hit of 2009, winning the GameSpot Game of the Year award and kickstarting From Software’s current era of generation-defining action-RPGs. It’s little surprise, then, that people have wanted a remake for a long time. That’s finally coming true, and it’s part of the PlayStation 5 launch. Developer Bluepoint’s take on From Software’s PS3 classic is set to launch alongside the PS5 on November 12, and if you want to play it on release day, you can preorder a copy ahead of time.
During the recent PS5 showcase event, Sony gave us our first look at Demon’s Souls gameplay. It showed off the very first area you play through, with what appears to be no loading times between warps. It all looks similar to the original game but with much more detailed visuals and in 4K accompanied by 60 frames per second. We see the player take on the area’s enemies and then finish off with the Vanguard demon boss–and just like the first game requires, they die. From there we see a montage of different areas and enemies.
Some next-gen games will cost $70 instead of this generation’s typical $60. This happens to be the case with Demon’s Souls as well. The PlayStation Store’s listing isn’t live yet, so we can’t compare the price digitally, but we don’t expect the prices to differ.
If you’re interested in preordering the PS5 and more games, check out our PS5 preorder guide as well as our roundup of listings for Spider-Man: Mile Morales. Retailers like Best Buy, GameStop, and Target are starting to accept preorders for the console, accessories, and games, but you’ll want to act fast as supplies are very limited.
Demon's Souls standard edition
If you want to enjoy the full Demon’s Souls experience on PS5, the standard version is all you need, and it’s available to preorder for $70. It comes with no bonus items, so you’ll get the experience as intended.
Demon's Souls Digital Deluxe edition
The Demon’s Souls Digital Deluxe edition seems to make the challenging game a bit easier to jump into, providing a ton of different items, weapons, and armour as well as the Demon’s Souls soundtrack. It comes with the full base game, the Red-Eye Knight Amor, the Boletarian Royalty Armor, the Ritual blade, and the Hoplite Shield. As for items, players will get a Legendary Hero Soul, a Renowned Warrior Soul, a Storied Warrior Soul, the Ring of Longevity, Preservation Grains, Phosphorescent Grains, Bearbug Grains, a Large Hardstone Shard, and a Moonlightstone Shard.
Unfortunately, it’s not available to preorder just yet, but keep your eye on the PlayStation Store for an update.
- We Have The PS5, And Here's The Box
- Watch Dogs Legion Promo "Hacks" The Box Art Of Other Ubisoft Games
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla – Release Date, Story, And Everything Else We Know
- + Show More PlayStation 5 Links (7)
- Immortals Fenyx Rising: Vaults, Puzzles, And Narrative Progression Details
- Ghost Of Tsushima: Legends Raid Release Date And Requirements Confirmed
- PS5 Entertainment Apps Include Netflix, Disney+, And Twitch, But No HBO Max
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Release Date, Exotics, Content Vault, And Everything Else We Know
- PS5 & Xbox First-Party Games: What Are Sony And Microsoft's Studios Up To?
- 2K Apologizes, Sort Of, For NBA 2K21's In-Game Commercials
- The Revamped PlayStation Store Starts Rolling Out With PS5 Game Preorders
Source: Read Full Article