Mojang’s ever-popular open-world sandbox adventure Minecraft is one of the most iconic and popular games of the last decade, since its release in 2011. It’s a game that brings people of all ages and walks of life together, within a world of blocks that’s extremely in-depth but works with surprising simplicity.
If you’re looking for a helpful guide to begin your survival journey, you’ve come to the right place. Guides for crafting, enchanting, exploration, building, redstone, as well as information on the hostile and passive mobs that inhabit the three dimensions of Minecraft can all be found on this page. As the game continues to expand and change, more information will be added, so make sure to check back regularly.
Tips For Beginners
If you’ve only just loaded into a brand-new survival world in Minecraft, the open world around you can feel extremely overwhelming. From surviving the very first night to getting an early start on some crafting and building projects, all answers can be found here. Those wanting a bit more details on some of the many game modes of Minecraft, as well as cheats and multiplayer, should also take a quick look around here.
- Things Beginners Should Do First When Starting Minecraft
- Tips For Beginners Looking To Survive Early On
- Essential Things Everyone Should Build First
- How Many Game Modes Can You Play & Other Things You Need To Know
- Things You Didn’t Know About Survival Mode
- Things You Didn’t Know About Adventure Mode
- Most Useful Console Commands And How To Use Them
- A Step By Step Guide To Making The Perfect Minecraft Server
Basic Survival Guides
Survival is all about crafting the right tools and farming for food. Here, you’ll find tips on how to farm the different crops, foods and plants in the game. For necessities like paper, fishing rod and even a map to calculate your current location, take a look at their respective guides on how to make them and how to best use them to your advantage.
- How To Grow Cocoa Beans
- Everything You Need To Know To Grow Mushrooms
- How To Make A Map
- How To Make A Lantern
- How To Make A Compass
- Easy Guide To Making Paper
- Best Items To Use As Fuel In A Furnace
- How To Make Paper & Other Useful Recipes
- A Guide On How To Make Fireworks
- A Guide On How To Make A Fishing Rod
- Everything You Need To Know About The Lightning Rod
Animal And Mob Guides
You won’t be alone in your Minecraft journey. The world is filled with passive and hostile mobs. Many passive mobs have unique features that can help you greatly during your adventures and travels. If you aspire to tame every animal in the game or would like to know more about pandas and polar bears, or even those terrifying zombies, check out these guides.
- How To Tame Every Animal You Can
- How To Tame Foxes
- Where To Find Pandas
- Things You Didn’t Know About Polar Bears
- All You Need To Know About Llamas
- Things You Need To Know About Wolves
- Things You Didn’t Know About Zombies
Building And Redstone Guides
The world of Minecraft is made entirely out of blocks, but building is still quite a challenge, especially in survival. Whether you’re a seasoned builder who’s looking for new inspiration or a newcomer who’s not quite sure where to start, there’s something for everyone here. If Redstone machinery confuses you, we even have a list of great automatic farms and XP farms.
- Examples Of Crazy Things You Can Build
- Survival-Friendly Builds To Try
- Tips For Safely Building In Survival Mode
- Simple Automatic Farms That Every Good Home Needs
- How To Build A Fully Automated Cooked Chicken Farm
- How To Build A Functioning Well
- How To Build A Functioning Grandfather Clock For Your Home
- Best Farms For XP
Villagers And Illagers Guides
The more unique mobs of Minecraft are villagers, as well as their counterparts, Illagers. They both bring in some important gameplay features, from raiding to trading. We have a neat guide on the best villagers to trade with, as well as some information about the patrolling Iron Golem and the mysterious Bad Omen status effect gained from Illager outposts.
- Best Villagers To Trade With
- Things You Didn’t Know About Villagers
- Things To Know About The Iron Golem
- Things You Need To Know About Bad Omens
Enchanting, Potions And XP Guides
In order to thrive in Minecraft survival, you need XP points to enchant your gear with cool effects that will help you take on stronger enemies. If the myriad of enchantments are overwhelming, we have guides on both the best and worst enchantments available. Make sure to also check out the complete potions guide, which makes understanding Minecraft’s convoluted brewing system ten times easier.
- Fastest Way To Level Up (& 14 Other Easy Ways)
- Best Enchantments
- Worst Enchantments
- The Best Tool Enchantments, Ranked
- Best Axe Enchantments, Ranked
- Every Bow Enchantment, Ranked
- Tips For Mending
- All You Need To Know About Making Potions
Dungeons, Exploration And Rare Loot Guides
If adventure calls and you’re curious about what you can do and find in the overworld, these are the guides to read. There’s tons of cool loot and rare blocks to be found all around the world, but it’s not always obvious how they can best be used. Most importantly, our guides on conquering an Ocean Monument and Woodland Mansion should make even these two daunting dungeons seem like a walk in the park.
- Every Biome, Ranked
- The Best Biomes In Survival Mode (& The Worst)
- All The Rarest Blocks & Where To Find Them
- Pro Tips For Finding Heart Of The Sea (& How To Use It)
- Heart Of The Sea & The Best Rare Items
- How To Take Down An Ocean Monument
- How To Take Down A Woodland Mansion
The Nether is a difficult and dangerous dimension to traverse. And yet, if you aspire to complete the game, paying a visit to the underworld is a necessity. With the 1.16 Nether update, there are tons of new mobs, items, materials and features to be discovered, and so we have a vide range of guides to help you survive the realm of lava and brimstone.
- Ways To Get Food In The Nether
- Things You Can Build With Netherite
- How To Get Netherite Tools In Minecraft’s Nether Update
- Everything You Need To Know About Netherite
- What Is Crying Obsidian?
- Things You Didn’t Know About Hoglins
- Things You Didn’t Know About Striders
- Things You Didn’t Know About Piglins
- How To Barter With Piglins In Minecraft
- Everything You Need To Know About Minecraft’s New “Piglin Brute” Mob
- How To Conquer A Bastion Remnant
The End is the second dimension of the game. Mysterious and very difficult to traverse, it holds some of the best loot in the game, locked within rare and peculiar-looking End Cities. First, however, you need to get through the Ender Dragon. For guides on End Cities and the Dragon herself, this is the right place.
- How To Conquer An End City
- Things You Didn’t Know About The Ender Dragon (& Her Egg)
Shaders, Textures And Mod Guides
In case you’re looking to up your vanilla Minecraft experience with some mods or cosmetic changes like texture packs and shaders, we have a few great recommendations, even for those with low-end PCs.
- Best Shaders, Ranked
- The Best Texture Packs For Bedrock Edition
- Must-Try Mods, Ranked By Popularity
NEXT: Minecraft: 5 Things We Still Need In Future Updates (& 5 We Don’t)
Tea lover and video game obsessed writing enthusiast with her very own Overwatch team, Anastasia writes about games that leave an impression on her and make her come back time and time again.
Source: Read Full Article