Get ready, players, because Call of Duty: Warzone is arriving in a flash on Tuesday, March 10. Following months of leaks, the sudden news of an official launch date is unexpected but still exciting. However, thanks to the datamining and videos posted online so far, there isn’t much that is surprising with the announcement.
As expected, Warzone will provide players with a free-to-play battle royale experience that stands apart from Modern Warfare, but will most certainly draw more people to play both games. Progression in Warzone will also carry over to Modern Warfare, so there is no reason not to dip into both games.
For both modes, there also appears to be a feature like the Squad Leader or Jump Master from Apex Legends. The battle royale will feature up to 150 players jumping into a single map, down from the datamined estimates of 200 listed previously. Beyond that, there are a host of other features that have been leaked, all of which could drastically shift how player’s go about strategizing for victory. Some of the important ones are:
- Weapon looting is for weapons only, no attachments
- Equipping armor should feel instantaneous
- Vehicles will include ATV, SUV, HELI, CARGO TRUCK and TAC ROVER
- Players spawn with a pistol
- Ammo appears to be scarce when first finding a weapon
- Claymores, mines, and grenades will be available for lethal damage
- There will be bounties that task the elimination of specific players, likely MVP or those with high amounts of Plunder
Players can squad up in trios with their friends on PlayStation 4, PC (Through Battle.net), or Xbox One. While crossplay will be available from the beginning between Warzone and Modern Warfare, crossplay between different platforms has not been specified in the official blog post.
Finally, owners of Modern Warfare can download Warzone and jump into the action tomorrow as of 8 AM PDT, while non-owners will be able to download the game at 12 PM PDT.
Source: Read Full Article