The Pokemon Go Throwback Challenge was a big part of the game during May 2020 and June is kicking off with the final Champion event.
Developers Niantic has confirmed that the Throwback Challenge 2020 Champion celebrations will be starting today, Wednesday, June 3, 2020, at 1pm local time.
That means gamers in the UK have less than 24-hours before the next big event kicks off in the world of Pokemon Go.
If you managed to complete all of the Timed Research sets from May, you will have unlocked the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research in time for launch day.
Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research will be going live soon and will give Trainers the chance to earn Rare Candies, as well as encounters with Genesect, Galarian Meowth and Galarian Stunfisk.
Professor Willow’s glasses is another bonus being made available during the event, which only runs for a few days.
The big Pokemon Throwback Challenge ends on Monday, June 8, 2020, at 1:00 p.m local time, leaving less than a week to complete all the research.
For those who didn’t complete the Pokemon Research from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, Niantic is making it possible to purchase a ticket for the Throwback Challenge Champion.
This ticket will also provide extra rewards for those who have completed the research.
“If you missed completing any of the four Timed Research lines—required to unlock the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research—you can still access the same tasks and rewards the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research provides by purchasing a ticket in the shop for the Throwback Challenge Celebration 2020 Special Research,” Niantic confirmed in May.
“If you already have access to the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research, you can purchase a ticket to receive a version of the Throwback Challenge Celebration 2020 Special Research with slightly different rewards.”
You’ll also receive a version of the Throwback Challenge Celebration 2020 Special Research with the following changes: each time you would’ve earned a reward encounter with a Pokémon, you instead will earn 10 Candies for that specific Pokémon, and you’ll earn Stardust instead of Professor Willow’s glasses.
If you earn the Throwback Challenge Champion 2020 Special Research, you’ll receive the following:
- Encounters with Galarian Meowth and Galarian Stunfisk! This will be their first appearance in Pokémon GO.
- Research tasks that lead to encounters with Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region, such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Audino, Darumaka, Gothita, and Genesect.
- A chance to earn exciting rewards, including Professor Willow’s glasses as an exclusive avatar item.
And for those who aren’t participating in the event, this is some stuff that will be available to all Pokemon Go Trainers:
- Galarian Stunfisk will be making its Pokémon Go debut – Find it in the wild, in raids, and as a Throwback Challenge 2020 Special Research reward encounter.
- Pokemon that will be hatching from eggs: Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, Galarian Darumaka, and Galarian Stunfisk. Try evolving Galarian Meowth, Galarian Zigzagoon, and Galarian Darumaka.
- Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
Pokemon Go is a free game that can be downloaded on Android and iOS devices and can now be played without needing to leave your home.
Source: Read Full Article