Remedy has released the March update for Control, which among other things prepares the game to receive the new Foundation story downloadable content. But even if you don’t buy into the DLC, you get a number of new bells and whistles like an ability upgrade, revised ability tree, clearer map, and more. The patch notes have been released, showing all the changes.
According to the expansion FAQ, the Foundation is 4-6 GB depending on your platform. You’ll need to have completed the main campaign, including the final mission “Take Control,” to be able to access the Foundation content. The new mission will be prompted by taking a call from the Board in the the Hotline Chamber. The DLC is said to be around 4 hours long, and adds a new power called Shape to your arsenal. The Foundation is available starting March 26 for PC and PS4, and will hit Xbox One on June 25.
For those who want to keep exploring the Oldest House without the DLC, you’ll still get an ability upgrade, Shield Bash. The update also adds the ability to reallocate points in your ability tree, and the map has been given an overhaul to be clearer.
Control received 11 nominations at the BAFTA awards and was one of GameSpot’s Best Games of 2019. Check out the full patch notes below.
March Update (1.08) Release Notes
• Improved the readability of the map
• Added button toggle options for Launch and Aim
• Revised the ability tree
• Added the option to redistribute previously spent Ability Points. From now on, players can spend Essence at Control Points to get their spent Ability Points back and assign them to different ability upgrades
• Added the Shield Rush ability upgrade to the Shield ability
• Added the functionality to zoom in on collectable documents for improved readability
• DLSS 2.0 support (PC)
• Fixed the issue when the third personal mod slot kept unequipping after updating the game to the latest Expeditions update
• Fixed the issue where Jukebox Tokens could be obtained from Board Countermeasures before starting the Put A Record On mission
• Various fixes and optimisations to the localisation, UI, and Photo Mode
• Various fixes to progression issues
• Re balanced Charge to deal more damage. Compared to other Service Weapon forms, Charge wasn’t dealing enough damage.
• Fixed an issue where anything the player did during the Former boss fight broke the floor. Now, only the Former’s smashing attacks will break the floor.
• Fixed the issue when the melee damage upgrade affected the damage of Ground Slam.
• Fixed the issue when Expedition modifiers didn’t apply to Seized enemies.
• Fixed the issue where completing a Tier 3 Expedition granted rewards below the allowed value.
• Fixed the issue when after completing the Incinerator and Scrapyard arenas in Expeditions, if Jesse died before leaving the arenas, the player would be able to go back and re-do the missions and farm the rewards continuously until the Expedition timer runs out.
March Update (1.09) Release Notes
• General bug fixes and performance improvements
Source: Read Full Article