Update: A last-minute fix to the patch originally planned for August 12 has pushed it back by one day. It’s now scheduled to arrive one day later on August 13.
Original story follows:
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockdown has had a huge launch, with two million Steam sales, and developer Mediatonic is keeping the momentum going with a major new update coming very soon. The update, due to arrive at some point on August 12, will add a new level called Jump Showdown, which was part of the Fall Guys beta.
The level is shown off in the Twitter video below. It requires the Fall Guys to jump over and stay under rotating bars as the floor collapses below them. It’s the first of several new levels coming, the tweet promises.
New costumes and features will come too. It’ll be interesting to see if there are more video game crossover costumes, like the Half-Life and Hotline Miami costumes that have popped up since launch.
In the Twitter replies, the official Fall Guys account tweeted out a number of patch notes for changes that will come in that same update. Here’s the complete list.
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only – Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC
Fall Guys has been a bit of a phenomenon, and we’re hopeful that it could come to other systems eventually–although nothing is confirmed yet.
Source: Read Full Article