Nothing in Valheim is as important as efficiently organized storage, and that’s getting a little easier due to the latest patch. On Tuesday, developer Iron Gate Studio released a new patch for the game that increases storage space for certain chests and nerfs campfires, along with dozens of other changes.
The most convenient change in the new patch increases the inventory size of reinforced chests. Valheim’s largest, and most expensive, chests used to give players 18 inventory slots, but now offer 24, adding an extra row of storage.
This may not sound like a big change if you’ve only just started your Viking adventure, but the amount of stuff you need to store can get pretty ridiculous as you get further into the game, which makes these more efficient chests a massive convenience.
Valheim guides – Polygon
Another change that came with this latest patch is a nerf to campfires, bonfires, and hearths. But they didn’t get nerfed as items of comfort, they got nerfed as weapons. Now, anytime one of these fire items does damage, it also takes damage. This means that if players are using their fires offensively, these fires will now be destroyed rather than burning their target indefinitely. This means that the popular way of farming Grey Dwarves, by surrounding their nest with fires to kill them as soon as they spawn, should no longer be possible.
For a look at all the changes that arrived in this latest Valheim patch you can check the full patch notes.
- Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6×4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to enable)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation fixed
- “Failed to connect” error message fixed
- Serpent trophy stack fix
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds “genloc” command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
- Megingjord item-collider fix
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
- Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
- Better bad connection detection
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Localization updates
Source: Read Full Article